Monday, January 16, 2012

Coffee Disasters

It's Monday morning (we all know what that means) and I just came home from dropping off the kids. As I'm driving, I'm thinking about what I'm going to do when I get home. No I'm not going to sort the laundry. No I'm not going to pay the police tickets that my husband has been bugging me to pay for the last two weeks. No I'm not going to tidy. I'm just going to drink coffee. I'm going to take the forty five minutes I have until my Tanya class and use it to drink coffee and to sit and do nothing and to savor the silence.

Well, I got home and came into my kitchen to prepare my coffee. And that is when DISASTER struck. The coffee was NOT in my kitchen. It was at my friend's house. I took it there yesterday and forgot to bring it back. "Deep breaths, Chayale," I told myself, "You can do this. G-d does not give people tests that they cannot handle."

So in a very mature way, without any crying whatsoever, with my mind ruling over my heart, I thought long and hard about my options. I could go down the block to my sister-in-law's house but that would involve putting all the snow gear back on. So no to that one. I could order breakfast from Pizza Pita and it would come with coffee but it would also cost me $20 and take 45 minutes to be here. So no to that one either. I could just not have coffee and have tea instead but that idea made me teary eyed so I vetoed it quickly.

And that's when a MIRACLE happened.

Hashem helped me remember that I have a coffee maker! With really yummy ground hazelnut coffee beans in my freezer! No I don't use it very much which is why I forgot I had it but all of a sudden, my tears turned to laughs, my swords into ploughshares, and I danced around the kitchen. I made myself a big pot of hazlenut coffee and then poured it into my "queen for a day" mug that my friend came me for my birthday and I felt like a million bucks!

Have you ever made a whole pot of coffee just for yourself and then drank it from a "queen for a day" mug??? I actually feel like while I'm drinking this coffee, I'm the queen . Maybe I should drink it all day so I never have to get down from my royal status and sort laundry and clean.

I think maybe G-d made me leave the instant (ich, who could drink that?) coffee at my friend's house just so I could have this beautiful experience of having a whole pot of hazelnut coffee all for myself. Or maybe it's just the caffeine talking. I had a lot of it.

4 comments:

  1. That....Is a fantastic read right there!!! You have such a great perspective on things! Only one question though. Are you gonna post a blog about the milk you forgot to take home too? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Audra. Wish I could "like" your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chayleh, your give me my daily (ok weekly) dose of laughter! much needed :)

    ReplyDelete