Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cleaning for the cleaning lady

So you know how you have to clean your house cuz the cleaning lady's coming?

Well, I just experienced a whole new variation of this. I had to clean up AFTER the cleaning lady. This one was not too bright and unfortuantely wreaked havoc in my kids room. I found dirty socks in the toy chest, used tissues in the car bucket, my daughter's shoes in the lego box (we searched for them for half an hour this morning, the cleaning lady owes me $5) and just when I was hyperventilating and thinking I was gonna pass out, I found a bag of candy in the puzzle drawer. So I ate some and then I felt better. I was actually surprised to find it there. I mean, candyland (the game, not the actual land) was just inches away. If I was a cleaning lady and I was tidying, I'd say "hmmm candy, ahhh candy land." But that's because I'd be a smart cleaning lady.

Every time we lose something we ask each other, "If you were Gloria, where would you put it?" or "Where is the most normal place it could be?" And then go look in the complete opposite location. Which is why, this morning, I went to find my brush in the dollhouse and what do you know?! There it was!

5 comments:

  1. i dont understand. i told you i have an awesome cleaning lady that you can have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I just laughed so loud reading this. I think I have one of those cleaning ladies!!! But I trust her and it's the only reason I'm keeping her...
    Oh how I wish she would put things where they belong. It's like the house looks clean but...where is everything!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously i just lost it laughing at this. Been there done that so many times

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember one time in England we had a particularly dumb cleaning lady. On one ocassion she vacuumed the dining room and left one complete round slice of cucumber on the floor in plain sight. My husband made me leave it there for a week to see how many days it would stay there. I finally picked it up when I began to believe she was testing US.

    ReplyDelete